Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Blast from the past!

So I'm currently applying to the Pratt Fine Arts Center here in Seattle for tuition assistance (damn you Bellevue, for being so expensive) for a metalsmithing class.  It seems like such a great place with fantastic teachers, and I'd really like to brush up on metalsmithing since I haven't done it in, oh... six years?  Jeez, that's a little depressing.  Once we're not living in a studio apartment, hopefully I'll have to space to start putting together some equipment!

Anyway, as part of my application I'm including some pages of examples of my prior work showing the level I'd progressed to, and where I hope to pick up from.  The slides I took back then I eventually had digitized; unfortunately some image quality was lost in the process.  The concentration I was working on at the time was a line of conceptual jewelry - more sculptural than practical, using the natural lines of the body as a departure point.  Anyway, here are some of the pieces.  :)


The text on the image above ^ seems a bit hard to read, so here's a bigger version:




Scrambling like mad to get everything ready for the etsyRAIN Handmade Holiday Show.  If you're in the Seattle area, you should come on out!  It's going to be a great show!  The volunteers and core team have worked so hard in preparing everything, I am thoroughly impressed with these great women and their dedication.  Plus, they're all super nice.  :)  Personally, I'm learning a lot as this is my first ever craft/art show where I'm going to be a vendor with a booth.  All the shows I participated in previously were usually in bars or small gallery spaces, and in groups.  Some planning elements have managed to slip by me, and I'm glad to have more knowledge to bring to the table (no pun intended) for the next show I participate in.  Excited to see how everything goes this weekend!

Also, happy Thanksgiving tomorrow, everyone!  May you all have a great day filled with delicious food, love, and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment